At bidetsPLUS, we are committed to your total satisfaction.
Congrats on your new TOTO S550e Washlet. You have purchased a high-end, luxury bidet! Once your S550e Washlet is properly installed, you’ll be able to start enjoying its benefits. Luckily, the installation process can be completed by you – no need to Yelp that plumber after all! – in about 20 minutes, with just a few simple tools: a wrench, a flathead screwdriver, and a Phillips-Head screwdriver.
Before you get started, please note: you should have an electrical outlet nearby your toilet so you can plug in the washlet’s power cord. The power cord for your TOTO S550e is slightly less than four feet long. Other than the outlet, no other special equipment is required.
Your TOTO S550e comes with all the necessary installation hardware, and in terms of water supply, your TOTO S550e has a built-in heater to warm the water so it can use the existing cold-water supply behind your toilet.
TOTO S550e Installation Instructions – Remove Toilet Seat:
- Close the lid of your toilet and locate the two caps behind the seat. These caps cover your toilet seat’s mounting holes. Pop the caps open or, if they’re stuck, use your flathead screwdriver to flip them open.
- Underneath each cap, you will see a bolt. Unscrew the bolts with your screwdriver (you may need to reach underneath and unscrew a nut as well).
- Once you unscrew the bolts, remove them and remove the seat.
- Now thoroughly clean the toilet.
TOTO S550e Installation Instructions – Attach the TOTO S550e Washlet:
- Gather the hardware that came with your TOTO S550e.
- First, place the washlet’s mounting bracket over the mounting holes on your toilet.
- Next, use a Phillips-Head screwdriver to tighten the mounting bracket. Don’t tighten the screws too tight yet. You want them snug, but not tight, so you can adjust the bracket as necessary to align the seat.
- Now lay your TOTO S550e flat on the toilet. Slide it on the mounting bracket and towards the tank until you hear a click. Adjust the washlet and bracket by sliding it front-to-back until the seat is aligned with the front of your toilet.
- Once everything is aligned, release the seat from the bracket. Tighten the screws on the mounting bracket completely, and slide the TOTO S550e into place. Again, make sure you hear the click.
TOTO S550e Installation Instructions – Connect Water Supply:
- First, turn OFF the existing water supply to your toilet. Locate the water shut-off valve on the wall and turn it clockwise until the water is fully off.
- Now flush your toilet and hold down the handle until the water in the toilet is completely drained.
- Unscrew the water supply hose that feeds into your toilet tank. TOTO recommends unscrewing the hose from the valve right under the tank. Please note: residual water might drain out of the hose when you disconnect it, so you may want to have paper towels or a rag nearby.
- Next, being careful not to cross-thread the nut, screw the washlet’s “Junction T” (aptly named because it’s shaped like the letter “T”) onto the fill valve.
- Attach your original water supply hose back on to the bottom of that “Junction T.” For the other opening on the “Junction T,” you’re going to connect the white supply line that is already attached to your washlet.
- Take the end of that supply line and push the plastic tip into the threads on the “Junction T” until the O ring engages.
- Tighten the nut until it’s secure. Now turn the water back on and check for leaks!
TOTO S550e Installation Instructions – Connect Power Cord:
- If you don’t see any leaks, the final step is to locate the power cord and plug in your TOTO S550e.
- Once it is plugged in the LED lights will illuminate to let you know it’s ready to use.